Relectio Limited is committed to protecting your privacy and is in compliance with the UK GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and the EU GDPR. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, and store your personal information.
The term ‘Relectio Limited’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of fivebooksforcatholics.com (‘the Website’). The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website or its services.
When do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information when:
- you visit the website;
- you sign up for either a non-paying or paying subscription;
- you contact us via social media;
- you share our content via social media;
- you email us;
- you contribute as an interviewee;
- you work for Relectio Limited in managing the Website and its services.
What information do we collect?
We gather the following three classes of information.
- The information that you supply voluntarily when you: sign up to receive our e-newsletters as either a non-paying or paying subscriber; contact us; or collaborate with the Website. The third-party services used to collect and process this information are Ghost.org, Stripe, and CookieYes.
- The information on a subscriber’ activity (date and time of login, number of emails received and opened, email open rates) that our Content Management System, Ghost.org, tracks automatically.
- The information that is tracked anonymously and automatically on our behalf by third-party services when you visit this website or navigate through it without signing in; share our content on social media. The third-party services that are linked to the Website to track and gather this information are Ghost.org and Google Analytics. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not allow Google to find out the identities of visitors to our Website. These third-party services parties may be gathering information through processes that we do not control.
The aforementioned third-party services perform functions on our behalf for hosting, content syndication, content-management tools, social-media integration, marketing, analytics, billing, and customer service. These entities may have access to personally identifiable information if needed to perform their functions. If such access is required, the third parties will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that personally identifiable information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to our Website.
Where do we hold your data?
Personal information that is conserved on the servers of our hosting and office suite providers. The servers of our hosting provider are located in the European Union. The servers of our office suite provider are located in the United Kingdom.
For how long do we hold your information?
We hold the information for as long as you subscribe to the Website and its newsletters. Once you unsubscribe, we delete any of your personal data that is not required for accountancy and delete the rest at the end of the fiscal year.
What rights do you have?
Regarding any of your personal data that we hold, you have the right:
- to be informed of how we use it;
- to request and receive a copy of it;
- to rectify and correct it (e.g. email address);
- to request its erasure;
- to restrict the processing of it;
- to data portability;
- to object to its processing;
- to object to automated decision-making and profiling.
Please be aware, that, in some cases, availing of your rights may conflict with our provision of service and entail the cessation of your subscription.
You can lodge a data protection complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via the:
A cookie is a small file which, once authorized, is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Unless your browser has been configured otherwise, when you open the Website a pop-up form will appear for you read about the cookies used and give your consent to the non-necessary ones.
We use CookieYes to process cookie consent.
The Website uses the following cookies for visitors.
|cky-active-check||1 day||CookieYes sets this cookie to check if the|
|cky-active-check||1 day||CookieYes sets this cookie to check if the consent banner is active on the website.|
|cookieyesID||1 year||CookieYes sets this cookie as a unique identifier for visitors according to their consent.|
|cky-consent||1 year||The cookie is set by CookieYes to remember the users's consent settings so that the website recognizes the users the next time they visit.|
|__stripe_mid||1 year||Stripe sets this cookie cookie to process payments.|
|__stripe_sid||30 minutes||Stripe sets this cookie cookie to process payments.|
|cky-action||1 year||This cookie is set by CookieYes and is used to remember the action taken by the user.|
|_ga_3MSQQXKB03||2 years||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.|
|_ga||2 years||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.|
|_gid||1 day||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_232261177_1||1 minute||Set by Google to distinguish users.|
To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete them, visit here.
The Website uses Stripe to process paid subscriptions. We can view your name, email address, and the amount you have donated.
Emailing the team directly
We will try our best to reply to unsolicited emails from readers with questions or submissions. We do not export names and emails, but we may keep these emails in our inbox.
We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
We keep the emails and contact details of interviewees and any other information that they provide in our email accounts and internal databases until publication of the interview and, unless instructed otherwise, for five years.
Current and former staff
For staff, we store name, email, address, and financial information for payment purposes.
Links to other websites
This Privacy Notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy notice was last updated on 21 June 2021.
If you want to request information about our Privacy Notice, exercise your rights, or revoke your consent, you can contact Dominic Farrell, who is responsible for data protection, on firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be attended to within 30 days.